Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Been away for awhile

It's been months and months since i've updated this blog, and it seems like a good time to start keeping up with it again.

Updates:

The house is DONE
Pictures to follow once I remember how to upload them...I seem to remember it being fairly simple.

The house is FOR SALE!!

That means once the sale comes along, we head back home to the dearly beloved and deeply missed pacific northwest!!

Overall thoughts...

I'm still really scrambled as far as attention span goes! I'm not reading much, but I am knitting again (learning cables right now with a sock to start...will post a photo). Also I've been keeping up with the Teaviews.com website which has turned out to be a wonderful learning experience and great fun, too. And the bookstore is keeping me very occupied. So, all things considered, if I don't really start reading again till we've sold and that part of my brain can feel rested and ready to engage again...that's not so bad. And curiously, I'm writing a good deal again.

The weather has been worse than abysmal, and coupled with the sense of unknowing that comes with waiting for someone to come along and buy your house, it's been a little crazy making. It's completely amazing to me what a difference the sun being out makes. My entire psychological perspective alters about 180 degrees! I believe the reports are that for the month of June - Waldo County saw 7 days total without rain. And those days were not necessarily sunny. Whoa. Today, rain. Last night the sound of it drumming, again, on the roof had me in tears for about 5 minutes. Then I realized that I was crying over rain and wanting to go home to the Pacific Northwest, and felt a little bit (and only a little bit) amused! I suppose you have to laugh, too. This morning, I inexplicably woke up in a great mood. Despite the RAIN!!

Eating from the garden! That's a plus. A big plus. It's a nice year for lettuce, slugs, mustard, slugs, beans, and slugs. And amazingly, the tomatoes look good!!!

:-) All for now.

No comments: